This is genuine grass-roots campaign. John is not independently wealthy and works part time. Right now we can really use help gathering signatures and our happy to pay $5/signature. After the redistricting, the Judge required 1,062 ‘good’ signatures to get on the August 23rd Primary Ballot. Reality says get at least 1,200 to compensate for any challenges to validity. The submission deadline is June 10th. We’ll provide all material needed. It’s a simple process:
- To gather signatures, you must be a registered Republican who lives in the 24th District. You can only get signatures from registered Republicans who live in the 24th District. Map here.
- We’ll supply you with printed petitions and the names/addresses of registered Republicans for the area you plan on visiting. You’ll also have a neck lanyard and ID tag to help make people comfortable when knocking on their doors.
- Click here for detailed info on completing a petition.
- You’ll have an email/phone point of contact within the Campaign to answer any questions and pickup completed petitions.
- Full details on the payment process. We appreciate your help!
- As schedule permits John would be happy to join some of you going door-to-door and learn more about your local area. Going beyond just signature gathering – he is looking for folks to join the Campaign Committee to have people with knowledge of local conditions around the district.
- After the submission date and we are on the ballot, John will host a special dinner for all who carried petitions and a guest.
You can review who John is and what he stands for. 100% agreement is not necessary (or an advantage). Hearing different voices and opinions is critical. All we ask is some belief in the overall effort.
If you’re interested, contact us. Other ways to help the campaign appear below.
- Answer Emails: We have a contact form on the site and want to insure folks get timely replies (48 hrs). Good language/writing skills are important and comfort with email. Easy work from home.
- Social Media: If you’re a pro at Facebook or Twitter, we have a presence on both, and welcome help with monitoring and responding to folks.
- Respond to phone calls: We’d like to have real dialog with folks and accept incoming calls. Many will go to voicemail. This is another work from home. Perfect person has a lot of patience, understanding of some political issues, and can dialog with someone with an opposing view in a FRIENDLY manner!
- General Volunteer: There are always tasks to be done from visiting local political committees to doing on-line research and analysis. Just let us know what your skills are, what you might like to do.